“All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Walks near Wansford
CLICK ON LINKS BELOW FOR INDIVIDUAL WALKS
- Fotheringhay – This pretty Northamptonshire village has some picturesque thatched cottages, an old castle motte and splendid views of the River Nene.
- Nene Way – Follow the River Nene through the beautiful Nene Valley on this fabulous walk through Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire.
The long distance path runs for over 100 miles, passing Northampton, Wellingborough, Oundle, Peterborough and Wisbech.
There’s much to enjoy on the way with rushing weirs, a series of historic villages and old mills
- Oundle River Nene Walk – A circular riverside walk around the Northamptonshire town of Oundle
- Barnwell Country Park – Enjoy lovely waterside walking trails in this country park in Oundle, Northamptonshire
- Peterborough – There’s lots of fairly easy walks to enjoy around the cathedral city of Peterborough
- Ferry Meadows Country Park – This super country park in Peterborough has several pretty lakes with cycling and walking trails running alongside the water’s edge
- Castor Hanglands – Explore the woodland, limestone, wetland grassland and scrub in this large National Nature Reserve near Peterborough
- Crown Lakes Country Park – Enjoy a stroll around the pretty lakes in this country park in Peterborough
- Bedford Purlieus National Nature Reserve – These splendid ancient woods near Peterborough have miles of woodland walking trails to try
- Harringworth Welland Viaduct – This circular walk visits the impressive Harringworth Viaduct or Welland Viaduct in North Northamptonshire.