WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY OF A
Are you interested in your local community?
Would you like to contribute to the work of the parish council?
Do you have knowledge/a skill which may be of help to the work of the parish council?
Do you have some spare time to attend a monthly parish council meeting and to receive a few emails?
If so, then we’d like to hear from you!
There are certain legal criteria to become a parish councillors, as follows
- Be a British subject or a citizen of the Commonwealth.
- Be 18 years of age or over –you must give your date of birth.
- Applicants must not be disqualified from holding office as a member of a local authority. This includes – hold any paid office or employment for the council or joint committee with council representation; subject of bankruptcy restrictions order, interim bankruptcy restrictions order, a debt relief restrictions order or an interim debt relief restrictions order; within 5 years been convicted of any offence and sentenced to a term of imprisonment of at least 3 months without the option of a fine; been found guilty of corrupt or illegal practices or responsible for incurring unlawful expenditure and the court orders disqualification.
- Be registered as a local government elector for the parish – give electoral number; or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant for the whole of the preceding 12 months, land or premises in the parish – give address; or
- had their principal or only place or work, during the last 12 months, within the parish – give address; or
- have, during the preceding 12 months, resided in the parish or within 3 miles of it – give address.
For further information and to apply to be considered for this vacancy please contact Wansford Parish Clerk by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone Marie Lewis on 07899732049
Closing date for receipt of applications end September 2023