Information from: Peterborough City Council
What funding is available to make my home warmer?
Home Upgrade Grant – HUG
• The Home Upgrade Grant will support low-income households with upgrades to the worst-performing off-gas-grid homes
• These upgrades will create warmer homes at lower cost,and will support low-income families with the switch to low-carbon heating, contributing to both fuel poverty and net zero targets.
• Fabric First approach – loft, cavity, wall and floor insulation, then look at feasibility of low carbon technologies e.g. solar pv and air source heat pumps
• Grants up to an average of £25,000 will be available per property
• Property must have EPC rating of Band E, F or G
• Household has an income of less than £30,000
• The Home Upgrade Grant is due to commence in early 2022 and run until 31 March 2023.
• To check your eligibility and book a free assessment:
• Call 0800 038 5737 (free)
• Go to www.warmerhomes.org.uk and apply online